Musicals, spoilers and movies everywhere





I'm going to be direct. I like movies with mentals breakdowns and my favorite movie is Les Miserables (2012). I recommend it in another post, but now I going to write a lot about it. So, stay calm and go for something to eat and drink, because this going to be long. Also, I recommend this song while you read this post  (Vive la Révolution!).

First of all, I star loving the book, a long and solid golem that have about 1600 pages created in 1862 for Victor Hugo. I start it when I was in the middle school, and I finished it in two weeks. The fundament is similar to Frankenstein (my second best book), because is all about the mental development of the characters while they figth with theirs owns cinrcunstances and social environment. For example, It's not the same the reasons of living of Javert than the reasons of Fantine or Cossete, and you notice it inmediattly. In the books, musical and movie, they have a determinate rol (all the stereotype in one character) in the society and a differents ways of breakdown in the history. Even, you can see how the characters grow up and die.


Imagen relacionada
-Spoiler Ahead- Just for give you a example, Javert (the policeman who always is after Jean Valjean) is the type of guy that only have two options or only see two kind of colors in the world: Black and White. When Jean Valjean have the oportunyty of kill him, and don't do it, Javert commited suicide because he sudenly understand -like a fucking punch- that all his life is a lie. Suddenly, he know that Jean Valjean is a good person, that the life have more colors to show, but he always refused to see it. [Where is your god, little Javert?]

Finally, I need to make clear that I absolutely love musicals for the way that they use the sound to transform a history in a legend. The last movie that I saw was Heathers (1988),  who told the history about teenagers who kill for fun and transforms the murders into adolescent suicide. I recommend it, occasionally I see the movie because has a lot of exaggerated stereotypes and it's pretty funny. If you're interesed, the movie has a musical from 2010 and obviously, the movie don't put any of the songs. And, If you're not convinced of the brillencie of the movie, -another big spoiler ahead- in the end of the movie they show us how the protagonist is waiting the death of her boyfriend -for an explosion- while she have a cigarette in her mouth.

Girl, I swear that this scene fire me up...

Anyways, see you next time!



Comentarios

  1. I guess I haven't seen this movie because I'm not a fan of musicals, or most because I don't like the casting, don't know why..
    But the first song shows an amazing production and image in general, so I guess you convinced me

    ResponderEliminar
  2. About The Misérables: I never read the book, neither watch the movie, but now I believe that I will do :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like a few of the song of the movie. particularly " I dreamed a dream" it`s so emotional, and most of all, is sung by Anne Hathaway, I love her.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. OMG! I just I love this movie, like the book. What a incredible creation!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Summer

Finally

My dream